Monday, February 23, 2009

Crazy Week

Hello everyone,
This entry isn't going to be too long, i'm in the Library right now and they just made the announcement that they are closing in a half an hour. I just wanted to get something started to let everyone know that i'm a live and well.

Well to start, the flight was amazingly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I met two girls from Chicago who are studying at the univerisity of Sydney and ended up sitting right next to them on the plane. They thought ahead and brought sleeping pills and were kind enough to share with me. Overall I think I slept for a good 8-10 hours of the ride, fell asleep right after our delicious dinner at 3:30am Milwaukee time, and woke up to a scrumptious breakfast which would have been around 12 our time I believe. The transport to Uni was somewhat rediculous, I think our driver was on drugs, but I made it none-the-less. My apartment is not the greatest and there were no sheets. I unpacked almost immediately because I had the desire to make my room my own, I also went over to the mall, which is a convenient 3/4 block walk from my apartment and is equiped with 2 grocery stores, an enourmous food court, big W, target, and tons of clothing stores, so that's awesome. I've met some really awesome people so far, tonso f kids from wisconsin which is kind of weird, and then lots from across the states. Not too many aussies yet but I guess that's because this is kind of a commuter school/most of them live at home, so hopefully this week i'll meet more. Last week was basically the orientation and everything so now we're getting into classes.

I'll elaborate more on what i've been doing once I have more time, hopefully tomorrow or soon. Just wanted to get this up and running.

Love you all, hold up Wisconsin while i'm gone :)

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment