Sunday, March 8, 2009

I feel like this is the first time I’ve sat down to relax for the first time in days. I’m typing this in my apartment again so I’m not sure exactly where I left off with my last blog. Last week my internship and classes all went pretty well. I decided to switch my Marketing Tuturial to Thursdays and that way I only have my Marketing lecture on Wednesday and that seems pretty boring or like I can get all the info out of the book so I might end up skipping, another beach day? haha I’m still debating getting a job here too, theres tons of stores at the mall and working a few hours a week would give me good spending money for the weekend. I can’t remember if I said it before but minimum wage here is like $16 an hour, so we’ll see what I find.

Wednesday there was a Toga party at “the ranch” which is the bar that’s like a block from where I live. I wasn’t planning on going but then around 9:30 a bunch of people in my building were getting ready so I decided to join. The ranch really isn’t that great, a lot of sleezy guys and it gets really crowded, so I’m not sure if I’ll be going back anytime soon, especially since I have a 9am class starting this Thursday.

Last Thursday I went on another cruise on the Harbor, this time it left from Darling Harbor which is a little south west of where the last one was. It was $20 for tickets but it included pizza, beer, and wine so it was well worth it. The views from the Harbor are so beautiful, it’s times like those that I actually realize where I am. I was talking to some other girls and we were saying sometimes it doesn’t seem like we’re really in Australia, or even that far away from home. Oh and Shane, here’s your shout out, and boo to you for not answering your phone the TWO times I called you!

Friday I went to the beach with a bunch of people and got a nice burn. I’ve been sick of not getting any color so I didn’t put sunscreen on right away. The burns already turning and I’ve been putting on lotion so I don’t think I’ll peel or anything. Friday night some guys in the next building over decided to throw a beer/wine pong tournament. I wasn’t even sure if I was gogin to play because my roommates weren’t going, but then Kevin from upstairs didn’t have a partner so we teamed up. You had to have a theme with your twin so we went with hippie. I think there were 16 teams, and Kevin and I ended up winning it all!

Saturday was a lot of fun, it was the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras celebration here. A big group of us left here around 2 to head down to the city. We went to Kings Cross which is actually the red light district of Sydney but there was a good irish pub that had $6 pitchers so we went there and had a few drinks before the parade. There were a ton of crazy outfits and people all day, we got a pretty good spot for the parade. I was getting antsy because we’d been standing around for like 2 hours waiting for it to start, and after the sun went down it was getting kind of cold. We ended up leaving early and going to get some dinner because we hadn’t really eaten all day. I had a delicious kebab, definiltey going to have to get one again. I love how the restaurants and cafes here are so open, they’re all really small but right on the street and pretty much all of the food is in a display case type thing in front of you. It’s pretty cool. I’ve yet to try a meat pie and I guess those are supposed to be pretty good and really popular here.

Today we went to the market because I wanted to get some cheap produce. I think I spent like $10 and got apples, sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini, grapes, bananas, and a fruit and nut mix, oh and ice cream and fries at mc. Donalds. I just can’t pass up those 30 cent cones! Now sitting here I’ve realized that I actually have some homework to do so I should probably get on that. I was at the library earlier but it closes at 5 which is retarded so I had to come back here and I’m doing whatever I can without the internet….like pre=typing my blog. ha

Ok now i'm updating Monday afternoon, I went to work today and the main lady i'm working with called in sick so more data entry! yay haha not really.... I decided to do a half day since I was doing the boring work and I had to get back here to do some homework and stuff. She's supposed to be back tomorrow and I guess they're getting another intern so we're goign to discuss which of us does what. I guess that's all for now, time to work on my impossible Economics homework.

I heard it’s getting Warmer in Wisconsin, hopefully it’s here to stay!
Miss you all!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment