Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Almost halfway

Time's flying by here, I was just realizing that i'm halfway done with classes, and once I get back from break i'll be half done with my entire time here, roughly. I can't really tell if it's going too fast or just right. I'm enjoying myself and haven't felt rushed to do anything, so I guess it's going good. I was talking to someone the other day that said they heard of a lot of people who are really homesick and some that even moved their flight home to an earlier day because they're anxious to get home. I think it's mostly that everyone is ready for a break, school is stressful in that I have no or little motivation to study or do my homework since I know I only have to pass. The other problem is that in two of my classes the test averages so far were right around a 50% and the professor said that was good! I dont' get it, I guess the major differnece between here and home is that at home when the class average is that low the professors just curve it to bump everyone up, not the case here. Although i have little motivation I still do the readings, go to class, and study, but it's tough to focus when there are so many other things on my mind/ that i'm wanting to do.

We made it to Luna Park last Friday and that was a lot of fun. The special was "friday frenzy" and you got an unlimited ride pass for $25. It was worth it because otherwise rides are $10 each, kind of rediculous. The only problem was that I get motion sickness pretty easy and a majority of the rides were spinning. After a few I was done for. Me and spinning just don't get along very well. We ate dinner down there too, I had Calamari and chips and it was delicious, then as if I hadn't eaten enough we opted to get some ice cream, which was also delicious.

Saturday was a slow going day, we didn't do much of anything. Everyone was overtired and studying/preparing for all of the stuff that was due this week. I actually dont' have a hard week this week but when we get back from break I have 2 tests a presentation and a paper due so I've been trying to keep up with that knowing that i'll get nothing done over break. Saturday night I hung out with the girls upstairs and we got to talking about high school/college and just all kinds of random stuff. It was a nice relaxing night, something I think we all needed.

Sunday we had plans to go to Manly beach for Beth's 21st birthday. Despite the fact that it was kind of cloudy/cool we still went. It wasn't the best of beach days, but we stuck it out. I'm reading "The Pillars of the Earth" right now which I borrowed from my roomate John. It's about 1000 pages long, but it's really good so far, and i'm about 1/4 done.

Monday and Tuesday I had my internship which i'm enjoying. I found out that I will be able to go along to a few conferences in May. One of them is to Coffs Harbor which is suppsoed to be beautiful so that'd be cool if I could take a free trip out there.

I'm getting anxious to plan what i'm doing when Brian comes to visit, but i'm not even sure what days he's going to be here for sure or what the weather is like so I guess i'll leave some of that till after break. I also would like to know when my finals are so that I can figure out waht my schedule is going to look like for June and when i'm going to be coming home. Right now it looksl ike if I don't have finals towards the end i'll be coming home on the 23rd or 24th, but if I have finals that last week i'll probably wait until the 28th or 29th becasue flights are a lot cheaper then.

My next post probably wont' be until after my "fall" break but i'm sure it will be a long one talking about everything I did. My wall is filling up from the cards i've been getting so thanks to everyone that has sent one so far, I love getting mail!

Love you all, take care
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment