Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Still no Kangaroos

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were disappointing…rain and cool weather. I would say cold but I know I would get yelled at by many people, but hey it was kind of cold for me. I’m excited to get more into my internship, I did some event planning on Tuesday and it was more interesting. Now I’m thinking I might want to change my major, I’m not sure if I’m into finance or not….

My Microeconomics class is kind of tough, it’s weird because we have 2 hours of lecture and then you pretty much are responsible for teaching yourself the rest outside of class. That’s the class I didn’t buy the book for because it’s available in the Library so it looks like I might be spending a lot of time there.

Wednesday we tried to go to the beach but after being there for about 10 minutes it started to rain and we opted to go home. I ended up taking a nap and just hanging out all day, rough life I know.

Thursday is my busy day, I have 3 classes and then I went after that to book my trip for “fall” break. I decided to do the trip through STA, it’s a 13 day trip starting in Cairns which is where the Great Barrier Reef is and then you travel south over that time. It includes a bunch of stuff like white water rafting, a tour of the great barrier reef, sailing, camping, and some food. I also decided to add the skydiving option because I figured doing that on the GBR would be an awesome experience. Thursday night we went to a few bars in Chattswood which is a short train ride away. The original bar was supposed to have live music but it didn’t and it was kind of dead so then we just walked around exploring and ended up at a pretty sweet place that had a “vip lounge” with free snacks and slot machines.

Friday I got up early to go to the beach, it ended up not being the best beach day, on and off showers. I ended up leaving around 2:30 and then on my way back walked around downtown exploring a little bit. That night we went back to Manly which is the beach I was at earlier to go to a little cafĂ©/bar that had a jazz band playing. It was a really cute little place, looked like something you’d see on Brady Street in Milwaukee. It took almost an hour to get there/back because of connecting buses so some of the girls decided we wanted to catch the 11:30 bus and not wait until the next one that came at 1am. We asked the bus driver to tell us when our stop was and he told us we “couldn’t’ miss it” it was supposed to be Ballgowah st. but we got to the end and hadn’t gotten off yet. We decided to just backtrack until we found the stop and thankfully it was only one back. We had to wait for the next bus for a good half hour and it wouldn’t have been so bad except that I had to pee incredibly bad.

Saturday I went to the beach again, this time we decided to try Bondi. It takes two trains and a bus to get there but it’s a pretty nice place and the time traveling went by pretty fast. It was a beautiful day but the beach wasn’t as crowded as I thought it would be. One thing that was interesting at Bondi was that they have people walking around trying to sell water/cold drinks and popsicle type things. It reminded me of vendors at sporting events, I’m not sure why anyone would want that job, walking around in sand all day lugging a big cooler, not fun. We didn’t get home from the beach until around 7, and once again I was tired and kind of burnt so I just hung out with the girls upstairs and then went to bed kind of early.

Sunday I was going to be productive. It didn’t work as well as I had planned. I spent a few hours in the library but didn’t get a lot done. I couldn’t concentrate on my Econ. homework, partly because it’s too hard, and party because I was cold hungry and tired and just didn’t want to be in the library. I gave up and decided to go to the mall instead, mainly for groceries but I did stop in a few cute stores.

This week my internship is getting more interesting. I started projects that lead up to the Hero’s awards in June which are going to be held in Canberra and hopefully I’ll be able to go to them. The event is to recognize individuals who have devoted their life to export and trade. they have to be nominated by someone and then there are about 6 people honored at the event. On Monday we compiled a binder of the final nominees, 16 in total, to be sent to the judges who will select the final 6. I also did some membership processing and put together welcome packets. Next week there’s a breakfast lunch/meeting thing and they said that the interns are more than welcome to come along. I’m excited about that except for the fact that it starts at 7:15 which means I have to leave around 6… I guess I’ll be taking a nap later that day.

Well this is getting incredibly long due to the fact that I haven’t been on the internet in a few days and I just keep adding to it in a word file. Hopefully the weather stays nice so we can make it to the beach a few more times, my tan is slowly improving, I don’t look quite so albino anymore!

Oh one more thing, if anyone feels like sending me mail - cards i've started decorating my wall with them...only 3 so far kind of pathetic. Anyways, my address is 009/141 Herring Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113 Australia.

Love you, Miss you!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment